Highfields Day Nursery
Starting your journey with us at Highfields
As many of our early years practitioners are parents themselves, we understand how important making the right nursery choice is for your family, and how much time and consideration goes into this decision.
In our Nursery we have a dedicated team of highly committed and experienced early years practitioners who understand what little people need to thrive. Many of them have been with us for much of their careers and can contribute years of experience. They can expertly guide families through the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum (EYFS) and you can be assured that in our Nursery your child will have the very best early years experiences and the very highest standards of early years care to support their personal, social, creative and academic development.
We ensure the environment in which your child will be cared for has not only been designed to meet the standards and goals of the EYFS, but is also carefully differentiated to extend and enrich children at every developmental stage. Our practitioners will ensure that your child is individually supported with a bespoke learning journey whilst in our care.
The key objectives in our Nursery are to nurture and value each child, identify their emerging strengths, and celebrate and acknowledge their achievements.
We are committed to working in partnership with families to ensure every child has the opportunity to progress in areas that they need to develop.
We pride ourselves on our deeply rooted Highfields values and offer a warm, inviting and caring ‘family’ ethos, working hard to ensure each child feels valued, unique, safe and settled.
This is essential in order for them to have the confidence to embrace new experiences, grow in their skills and knowledge, and become independent as they mature.
Whatever your choice of primary school, the excellent Early Years provision available at Highfields Independent School and Day Nursery will ensure your child has the very best start to their educational journey.
In our Nursery we are passionate about early childhood education and we use the EYFS curriculum as a framework for our provision. Our curriculum additionally includes:
- Weekly ‘Forest School’ sessions with an accredited instructor who delivers Forest School in our main school.
- Specialist music sessions with the Highfields Head of Music who is also a qualified primary school teacher.
- Specialist Sport and PE sessions with our Head of Sport who is also a qualified teacher.
- Tennis coaching and other exciting activity opportunities from various external professional providers.
- A ‘free flow’ indoor learning environment allowing interaction with older pupils supporting learning and transition to main school.
- A superb outdoor learning space with specially built wooden play equipment, pathways for trikes, designated learning spaces and natural unspoilt wildlife areas to explore!
Our Nursery comprises of two classes
- Explorers (from aged 2 years)
- Adventurers (from aged 3 years)
Each class is accommodated in its own developmentally designed room and so provides a tailored environment and curriculum, bespoke for the age of the children, and features wonderful learning spaces, both inside and especially outdoors.
Our ethos is one of holistic development with the children’s well-being our top priority. Our aim is inspire children and harness their natural curiosity to learn and explore the world around them. Highfields will nourish your child, both inside and out, and ensure their early steps in life are just right.